logo Created with Sketch.

3/11 Band Notes

Dear Parents:

Over the past days and weeks our lives have been turned upside down by the coronavirus and our department has certainly been affected. We have spent the last few days in meetings and in constant communication with state and local authorities, arts organizations and our partner companies and organizations. 

The health and safety of our students is always our top priority. We are maintaining this priority while also attempting to maintain opportunities for our students and continue our programs as much as possible. With this in mind, the following changes are effective today: 

We are following the State of Connecticut advice on the size of public gatherings at events and are also complying with all expectations from state and local government concerning sanitizing and the teaching of safe health practices. 

Mamma Mia!

This production will be limited to 100 audience seats at each of our 5 shows. Tickets will be available online only and there will be no ticket sales at the door. Cast/crew/pit members have been briefed on this situation. Tickets are being refunded to those who purchased but cannot attend and we are reaching out to all ticket holders to verify that they will use the tickets. If you are family members and you need tickets and cannot get them online, please email me or have your student come and see me and I will put you on our wait list. We we will make every effort to help get you into the show. At the close of the show, we are going to suspend the production. By this I mean that we will not strike and will keep Mamma Mia! on our stage. We will explore the possibility of encore public performance(s) should the virus situation improve and if the licensing is available to do so. 

Winter Percussion and Winterguard

The MAC season has ended due to virus concerns and all competitions have been canceled.  Our groups will remain active with limited rehearsals (coaches/staff will reach out about specific schedules). We are planning to host a friends and family performance event in April featuring these ensembles assuming the virus situation improves. 


The All-State Festival and CMEA Conference have been canceled.

Disney Trip 

Our trip is currently on as scheduled. We are monitoring the virus situation and are in constant contact with the locations and venues in which we will be traveling to. Students are not required to attend this trip, but please note that we cannot offer any refunds. We will be monitoring the virus situation daily and will modify the status of the trip as necessary. 

Concerts/Shows and Events

All concert dates currently on the calendar will remain and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. 


Our students have been wonderful throughout this period of uncertainty and change and we sincerely appreciate both their professionalism and your support as we continue to deal with this evolving situation.




Brian Cyr