CMEA Southern Region Festival 2022
The 2022 CMEA Southern Region Music Festival
February 5th, 2022
Francis T. Maloney High School
121 Gravel St.
Meriden, CT 06450
The 2022 CMEA Southern Region Music Festival is happening! We are very excited to host you and your students as we return to in-person festival events and come together as a region once again!
This is the final plans concerning the festival so please read the following information carefully. Even for our veteran members, there are some changes to the normal festival environment.
Photo Order Form: CLICK HERE
Recording: Each student will receive an mp3 recording of their performance at no additional cost. Once Soundwaves Recording has sent us the finished product, a link to download the recording will be shared only through the Family ID platform to the email listed on the students account. This is the first time we are doing this and could possibly take several weeks, so please be patient.
COVID PROTOCOLS & PPE
CMEA has been at the forefront of COVID arts protocol since the pandemic began. From the original documents in March of 2020 to the latest Addendum 7 from CSDE, our members have supported the CSDE arts guidelines and in some cases craft some of the guidance. Our festival follows the current guidance as prescribed by the State of Connecticut.
- It is imperative that all performers and directors follow the most crucial rule of COVID mitigation. If you do not feel well or if you have any symptoms at any time, you must refrain from attending. Students will not be penalized, nor will they be restricted from All-State auditions if they cannot attend the festival.
- Students and directors must wear masks at all times
- All wind instruments must employ bell covers at all times
- Students must arrive wearing their own mask.
- Masks and bell covers will be provided to all students by CMEA at registration
- 3-Foot spacing will be in place in all ensembles
- Ensembles have been limited in size in order to maintain the proper spacing in the rehearsal and performance venues
- Each rehearsal and performance venue have state-of-the-art ventilation systems and filtering in compliance with CSDE protocol
- Breaks will be provided to all ensembles in order to ventilate spaces
- A large, well-ventilated indoor area will be provided for meal breaks
ARRIVAL & VACCINATION VERIFICATION PROTOCOL
Please note the very strict process for all student and staff arrival:
- Prior to departure from sending schools, directors need to verify that all students have their vaccination card and or a negative PCR test with a negative test result taken within the last 72 hours.
- All students and staff will arrive to the Maloney High School main entrance, which is in the bus loop area
- All must report to the registration table area where all will need to sign-in
- The director must ensure that all students are either vaccinated or tested
- Students not vaccinated must show a negative test (taken within 72hrs) or a doctors note. See FamilyID for full COVID-19 testing/verification protocols.
- The director must sign all students in upon arrival and ensure that COVID-19 protocols are followed.
- No students are permitted to enter the school without their director.
- A school music teacher must chaperone students and must remain on campus for the full duration of each festival day.
- Please do not arrive earlier than 3:00pm on Friday due to school dismissal
Due to the current state of the pandemic and other factors, we are not providing a full meal-for-purchase option at this festival.
- Students must bring their own brown-bag meal with them on both Friday night and Saturday
- A selection of concession items will be available for purchase, including bottled beverages, candy, chips, cookies, soft pretzels, nachos, etc.
- Please make sure students are aware that a full hot meal will not be served at this festival
GENERAL INFO & LOGISTICS
Directions to Maloney
Student Meals - Please note that students must bring a meal with them on Friday night and Saturday. Light concessions will be available for purchase but full meals will not be served this year.
Detailed Rehearsal and Rotation Schedule
Event Interior Map
Event Exterior Map
What do I wear?
If you are a performer, please dress casually for all rehearsals. On Saturday, you should bring your concert attire with you in a garment bag.
Ladies should wear long dress/skirt, black top, black shoes, or black pants and shirt
Men in black shirt and black pants, black shoes, black jacket is optional
BUY YOUR CONCERT TICKETS ONLINE NOW!
**BE SURE YOU ARE PURCHASING TICKETS FOR THE CORRECT CONCERT!
1:00 CONCERT IS JAZZ & CHOIRS, 3:30 CONCERT IS BAND AND ORCHESTRA
Tickets: $12 per person plus service charge - tickets are only available online. No door sales.
The theater house opens 30 minutes prior to the concert.
Please note that the venue is capped at 60% capacity in order to allow for social distancing.