...what they are and how they work. NEW FOR 2018
Students are required to meet with their section once a week for a minimum of 30 minutes to go over techniques and specific ensemble literature as a group. These meetings are student-run and take place in the music department, in practice rooms, the band room or the hall. Sectionals take place on Tuesdays of each week unless an alternate time is permitted by the director.
Colorguard meets with staff members at 5:00pm on Wednesday nights. This is your sectional.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Sectionals are from 2:15-2:45
- You meet with Mr. Cyr as a large group every three weeks in the bandroom. On the remaining weeks, you meet as individual sections and section leaders run the sectionals.
- This is extra help with your teacher. I will give you a pass if you will be late to a practice.
- If you miss a sectional due to another school function or sickness, you need to make-up the sectional. See the director to schedule a make-up time.
- Section leaders and students are responsible for scanning into sectionals between 2:00-2:15 via Charms and a bar code reader
- Sectionals are required and are a part of your term grade.
Contact the Maloney
Department of Music & Theatre